E-LEARNING>>Distance e Learning
Distance education or distance learning, is a field of education that focuses on teaching methods and technology with the aim of delivering teaching, often on an individual basis, to students who are not physically present in a traditional educational setting such as a classroom. It has been described as "a process to create and provide access to learning when the source of information and the learners are separated by time and distance, or both" Distance education courses that require a physical on-site presence for any reason (including taking examinations) have been referred to as hybrid or blended courses of studyFind the following points of developing distance elearning.
* Distance education meets the needs of students who might otherwise be unable to attend on-campus classes, due to distance or time constraints.
* One of the biggest distance learning benefits is the issue of flexibility and time. Because students are not confined to a classroom for a certain number of hours on a given day, they can approach their coursework with flexibility and complete lessons when it suits their schedule.
* Distance learning programs allow for increased access to learning and encourage life-long learning.
* Distance learning allows students to choose from a wider pool of academic institutions for their ongoing learning
* Distance learning schools enjoy better marketability, which means that more students can ultimately attend them.
* Distance learning also allows for increased compensation and promotion potential
* Another benefit of distance learning to students is the ability to do interactive teamwork between groups. Students have the opportunity to correspond with others from different backgrounds and to hear from a variety of speakers from around the world.
* Students have access to experts and tremendous volume of online databases, which are also distance learning benefits. Instead of searching for hours through card catalogs and library stacks, students can utilize online search engines to find countless experts' articles and research databases within seconds.
* Instructor communication is an additional distance learning benefit. With the evolution of e-mail and Internet chat rooms, instructor-student contact can be maintained and strengthened. This fosters a better educational experience for the distance learning student.
* Have you ever had to make a special trip to campus to drop off homework assignment at two o'clock in the morning? The use of email can allow you to send your homework assignment to your professor at any time of day-safely and conveniently. What a huge benefit for distance learning students!
* Have to take a test? Your distance learning professor can securely allow you to take an exam without the need for attending a traditional classroom miles away. The use of local proctors to monitor the examination process can make the benefit of distance learning even more appealing. Many distance learning institutions require the use of proctors to maintain their accreditation.
* Financial benefits of distance learning exist as well. Without the need to leave your home to spend a semester or a year in a distant city, you can substantially save on transportation, housing, and food costs. It goes without saying that you can keep your full or part-time job, too, when you matriculate to a distance learning institution.
* There are also social benefits to distance learning. Without having to leave your community, you can maintain your personal, cultural, and social lifestyle. Your circle of comfort is maintained, reducing additional stress, as you pursue your degree.
For any kind of requirement for that kind of learning process contact us.